CopperRock is your one-stop shop for waste & recycling!
Clean up your residential or commercial property by visiting our convenient Bayside location.
What Can I Recycle?
Free of Charge
- Glass bottles
- Domestic Paper and Cardboard
- Car Batteries
- Scrap Metal and White Goods
- BBQ Gas Bottles
- Household Paint Cans
- Fluorescent Tubes
- E-Waste ( TVs, Printers, Monitors, Computers )
- Commercial Paper and Cardboard
- Hard Rubbish
- Green Waste
- Motor Oil
- Clean Concrete, Bricks, and Tiles
- Mixed Rubble
- Aerosol Paint Cans
- Chemicals and Liquids
- Food and General Waste
Your Local Waste & Recycling Centre
Our waste and recycling centre or transfer station is a depot that receives and temporarily stores waste in a designated area for segregation with a focus on resource recovery prior to their transport to some other approved depot for further
sorting, resource recovery or disposal. A transfer station feeds waste into recycling facilities that usually deal with a single recyclable waste stream to produce a recycled product instead of mixed waste for separation. What cannot be recycled unfortunately goes to landfill. It is our aim to reduce the amount of waste to landfill.
You can dispose of the following materials free of charge. Items must be separated and placed in designated areas:
- aluminium and steel cans
- glass and plastic bottles
- milk and juice cartons
- paper and cardboard car boot load – without plastic packaging and polystyrene (more than a car boot load and commercial quantities will incur a fee)
- household batteries
- car batteries
- scrap metal and white goods
- LPG gas bottles
- household paint – empty or full paint tins up to 20 litres (commercial quantities not accepted)
- household fluorescent tubes (commercial quantities not accepted)
- household compact fluorescent globes (commercial quantities not accepted)
- e-waste – printers, monitors, central processing units of computers – National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme.
Charges apply to
- general hard rubbish
- green waste
- building and demolition or renovation materials
- motor & hydraulic oil
- some e-waste items (items with a power cord which are not part of the National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme..
E-waste items free of charge
- computer parts (hard drives, motherboards, CPU’s and CD driver)
- computer accessories (keyboards, mouse, joysticks and web cameras)
- tablets and notebooks
Your rubbish is sorted, and recyclable materials are separated to reduce what goes to landfill. Our aim is to salvage as much recyclable matter as possible and forward to recyclers and merchants for further processing. Recycling is not free almost every product we produce or separate out has a disposal cost and operational costs.
- Steel and metals
- Paper / Cardboard
- Bricks and Concrete
- Green waste
Yes. You cannot sort your rubbish at the centre. The traffic flows in one direction. If you can clearly define free recyclable waste from your chargeable waste then it is cheaper for you. The Drop off points within the yard, in order, are as follows
- Hard rubbish / General Rubbish
- Bottles / Cans
- Green Waste
- DeTox Shed (paint / fluoro tubes and globes / batteries)
If your rubbish load contents are mixed in together you will be charged for the whole load as hard rubbish and we will sort it from our hard rubbish area.
Common charges are as follows:
- Bag $7.50
- Car Boot $20.00
- Car Load $35.50
- 6×4 trailer level $75.00
- Paper (a car boot load) Free
- Metal Free
- Glass Bottles Free (boot load, overfill from home recycling)
Please see our full price list here (insert link) for other items.
- Chemical Waste i.e. weed kill, poisons, household cleaners and disinfectants,
turps, fuel, etc.
- Aerosol cans of paint or any other matter
- Fire Extinguishers
- Pressurised cylinders or vessels of gases or chemical other than LPG gas bottles for BBQ’s
- Clay or concrete dust.
- Volcanic Rock.
- Medical waste
- Food waste
- Cooking oils
For more information on how to dispose of items not accepted by Copper Rock – The Bayside Waste & Recycling Centre, please contact Sustainability Victoria – https://www.sustainability.vic.gov.au/ or call +61 3 8626 8700